During the summer of 2022, C3 Metals made a discovery of an 8km by 4.5km area where over 100 rock chip samples have returned greater than 1% copper and up to 16.5% copper. Within the southeast portion of this mineralized footprint, a large-scale, epithermal vein swarm has been discovered. The vein swarm has been mapped over a 3km by 5km area and has return over 30 rock chip samples grading over 2.0 g/t gold and up to 58.1 g/t gold. C3 Metals applied for drill permits for Arthurs Seat in September 2022 and obtained these permits in November 2022. Initial scout drilling confirmed both epithermal and porphyry style alteration and encountered anomalous gold and copper as well as pyrite, bornite and molybdenum. The Arthurs Seat mineral concession is located along the Crawle River Fault Zone and is contiguous and between C3 Metals’ Main Ridge and Bellas Gate mineral concession.
The project is underlain by andesitic volcanic rocks of Arthurs Seat. At surface, widespread copper mineralization occurs in fractures, shear zones and veins. Gold mineralization occurs in low-sulphidation epithermal veins. Mineralization is accompanied by porphyry-style hydrothermal alteration and secondary copper oxides at surface. The wide extent of copper mineralization is confirmed by high anomalous copper in rock chip samples and regional scale geophysical anomalies.
Based on exploration to date, Arthurs Seat has the clear potential to host a significant copper deposit and in the epithermal vein swarm, a significant gold deposit.
During the summer of 2022, C3 Metals launched an aggressive mapping and sampling program at Arthurs Seat. The Company has identified an 8.0km by 4.5km mineralized footprint where over 100 rock chip samples have assays greater than 1.0% copper and up to 16.5% copper. In the southeast portion of this mineralized footprint, C3 Metals discovered an outcropping epithermal vein swarm where over 30 rock chip assays have return greater than 2.0 g/t gold and up to 58.1 g/t gold. Drill permit applications were filed September 2022 and drill permits were obtained November 2022.
First scout drilling confirms:
- Epithermal gold mineralization in quartz breccias is telescoped by porphyry mineralization.
- Coarse gold identified in drill hole ARS5850-002 assayed 7.63 g/t over 0.60 m.
- Spectrometer studies confirm both epithermal and porphyry style alteration mineralogy.
- Illite alteration is consistent with low-sulphidation epithermal systems.
- Pyrophyllite alteration – a key alteration mineral in porphyry systems.
- Porphyry vectors identified include:
- Magnetite veins and deformed porphyry B-Veins, with chalcopyrite and bornite.
- Leached diorite with interpreted B-veins and interlayered pyrophyllite vermiculite clay.
- Discrete Total Magnetic Intensity anomalies proximal to pyrophyllite zone.
- Extends the copper-gold epithermal-porphyry district over 30km from Belles Gate through to Arthurs Seat and Main Ridge with 16 porphyry and 40 epithermal prospects outlined to date.
- Historically, Noranda explored the area in the 1960s. Historical work identified 55 copper occurrences in the northwest corner of the Arthurs Seat mineral concession with rock samples assaying up to 3.0% copper
- Fenton (1979) reviewed the copper occurrences for the Geological Survey Division
- During the 1980s, 44 stream sediment samples were collected as part of the CIDA program
Geophysical Data Magnetic & Gravity Anolamy
- Noranda interpreted that a buried copper oxide and porphyry copper style deposit may be present at shallow to moderate depths
- Regional magnetic and gravity survey data indicate a deeper magma chamber
- 3D MagInversion should identify magnetic anomalies (apophyses) emanating off the interpreted magmatic chamber at depth